Every so often my friends present me with a challenge. They give me a suggestion or an idea of what I should do on my nails next! This feedback is always welcome because I often run low of ideas and can’t think of anything to do!
A while back my friend posted a picture on my Facebook wall of a feather and told me she wanted me to paint it on her nails. I of course accepted the challenge but wanted to try out a few different designs on myself first.
It turned out to be much harder than I had previously thought because I couldn’t seem to master the colours or the shape.
For the background I chose a soft blue Sally Hansen colour called “Gray by Gray”. Because of all the colours in a peacock’s tail, I also used a variety of blues, greens and purples. I used a gold accent to make the eye of the feather really stand out!
For the green parts of the feather I used a China Glaze product called “Watermelon Rind” and a light green made by L.A. Colours.
The Purple was “Not So Blueberry” by Revlon.
The blue and gold were both Art Deco colours. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, Art Deco is a brand of nail polish with a really skinny brush that is easy to use to make designs!
Getting the pattern down took some practice but once I found a style I liked it was easy!
Try it yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment