I heard about this magnetic nail polish a few weeks ago and was very curious as to how the finish product would look. So when I was browsing in Shoppers Drug Mart a few weeks ago, I happened to notice that Magnetic Nail Colour by Sally Hansen was on sale! So of course I bought a bottle.
It comes in a bottle with an oversized lid that actually pops off and contains the magnet. The instructions are the bottle where easy enough to follow. Basically you do a base coat on your nail (I found this step unnecessary since you do several coats of the magnetic nail polish) and you let it dry completely. Then you are supposed to do a first coal of the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colour and again let that dry completely. Then you have to do another coat of the Magnetic Nail Colour, but this time you hold the magnet that is provided for you over the nail for ten seconds.
*I suggest painting one nail at a time and holding the magnet over directly after painting.
The nail polish dries pretty quickly and the polish must be wet for the effect to work properly. After doing all your nails separately you end up with a cool wave effect in your nail polish!
Overall I think this is a really cool concept and I eventually did like the outcome. When I first finished my nails with this product I was not very impressed. I thought it was a lot of effort and they didn’t turn out very well. I found that since my nail is curved and the magnet wasn’t; only parts of my nail ended up having the effect on them. I also thought that it would have been cooler if I could make different patterns with the magnets instead of just straight lines.
However, after having the polish on my nails for a few hours, the effect really grew on me! It comes in over five different colours and I would probably buy it again (if I saw it on sale)!
No comments:
Post a Comment