While I was driving home with my dad the other day we just happened to be listening to a string of songs by The Beatles. We were both singing along with the music at the top of our lungs, which I am sure would have been very embarrassing if anyone had heard us, and I got to thinking. On several occasions I have made nail designs revolving around specific bands I liked, or those who I was going to see in an upcoming concert (pictures to come), but why hadn’t I made “The Beatles” nails before?
And here they are, my Beatles tribute nails!
I drew out on paper a few designs that I thought could work but I wasn’t really having much luck. I knew for sure that I wanted to do one nail with a Yellow Submarine on it because let’s face it, pretty much everyone knows that song! So I decided to paint the submarine on my thumb because it gave me the most surface area to work with.
The rest of my nails I really could not figure out what to do with. I finally decided that I wanted to dedicate each nail to a member of the band. I first tried to paint on each instrument that they played. Do you know how hard it is to fit a whole drum set on one nail? Well I’ll tell you. It’s pretty difficult. I settled on attempting to paint just the facial hair on the nails to make it pop.
I used a tan colour called “Malt” by Sally Hansen for the background colour. For the hair I used Quo by Orly, Instant Artist. This is another brand that has a very tiny brush for adding details. However, I did not care for this brand because the bristles are too hard and too thin so they don’t hold the nail polish well.
Hope you like them! Give it a try yourself and add your own flair!

No comments:
Post a Comment